Cooked with Pernod
This is our Favorite
Especially if you catch it Fresh In Fowey Harbour
100% Beef and Homemade
The Frozen burgers are OK on C-CHEF, but are not anything like this.
CHICKEN TO DIE FOR
The basic how-to for the indispensable chicken breast, or Drumstick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh sea bass
- A small covering of Pernod
- Preheat the C-CHEF grill and lightly oil grill.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and a bay leaf. Rub fish with mixture.
- Grill the fish over C-CHEF for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the Pernod with a brush 5 Min's before its cooked.
- Scrape the Fish to remove scales if its fresh.
- Leave the head and tail on, during cooking, and remove if your guests are squeamish.
- Cook to its almost Black, the flavour of the Skin is amazing.
- Eat one side, the bones are easy to take out in one go.
- 1lb of Minced Beef
- One Onion Finely Chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One Clove of Garlic Finely Chopped (If you like)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the minced steak, chopped onion and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and then separate into 4 equal round portions.
- Shape into burgers with minimum handling. Wrap with cling film or place in-between separate sheets of greaseproof paper and place in the bilge(No Engine Oil) or fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight. This will help your burgers keep their shape and stay firm for the barbecue.
- I Try to avoid the cheap burgers they will be fine on the C-HEF but not exactly perfect for a gourmet meal and a special weekend on the boat.
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, or Drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken breasts in center of the C-CHEF. Grill 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and no longer pink inside, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Tasty variations:Grilled chicken breasts can be sliced and served on top of a tossed green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing.
Add some sliced Sun Dried Tomato with lettuce and sliced mushrooms or a grilled red pepper half. Serve with your favorite dressing,add some honey to create that golden brown colour, and flavour